Tuesday, January 22, 2008

ATC's with Bling!

Bling Bling....

If you know me, you'd never suspect I'm into bling! I'm a vintage, shabby, distressed girl at heart! Bling is so not the usual me.

Well, let me tell you once I got a few bottles to play with I absolutely fell in love with this stuff! It was soooooooo much fun and easy to use. WAY better than the powder glitter from when I was a kid. It wasn't even messy....o.k., it's not unless you stick your finger in it while it's still wet like I happen to do from time to time ;) lol!!

A bit about Stickles & Ice Stickles...

Stickles Glitter Glue and Ice Stickles can be used just like any liquid adhesive. The only difference between this glue and other liquid adhesives is that Stickles has glitter and in some instances a bit of color to added to the glue. I like to use it to attach gem stones to flowers, cards or other projects. I love to use it alone though as you can see by the ATC's.

Stickles and Ice Stickles can be used for the same applications. Basically they are the same except that Stickles is made using a smaller size glitter and the colors are more intense. The bottles both have a handy needle nose tip for exact application of the glues.

Besides having a larger sized glitter Ice Stickles tend to be more pastel in color than the regular Stickles colors. Ice Stickles also contains "Aurora Borealis highlights". I think from a glitter that is in all of the various shades of Ice Stickles but don't quote me on that. It's only my personal observation.


On to the ATC's...

All of these cards were made using original Stickles and Ice Stickles in various shades.

For the first 3 cards I stamped the images (The Angel Company) using Archival Inks as they are water-proof. That is a must when using these glues because the moisture in the glue will cause regular dye inks to bleed.

Once the cards were stamped I applied the glitter glue directly to the images. Some people prefer to apply one color at a time and let it dry before moving on to the next. I don't like to wait that long so I just apply one right after another. Set aside to let dry and you're done! Easy as that but the results are spectacular!!

"It's a Girl Thing" (my favorite of the bunch) was made a bit differently. The dresses (Wildflower Stamps) were all stamped again using Archival Ink onto a clear transparency or acetate sheet (sometimes referred to as clear canvas). Once dry I cut each dress out and applied the Stickles to the back side of the stamped image. I immediately placed the dresses onto the ATC. Remember...it's also a glue so no additional adhesive was necessary! The card background is made using Pearl Acrylic Dabber which was then stamped with the sentiment.

A few helpful tips to keep in mind when using Stickles or Ice Stickles....

~ If you don't use a particular color often you might notice that the hole becomes plugged. No worries, it's still usable, simply push a T-pin or Straight Pin down in the hole to unplug it :) Good as new!
~ It is best if you apply the stickles to a heavier cardstock. Due to the moisture it does tend to curl lighter paper when it drys.
~ If you are using Stickles on a non-porous surface and the item will be handled frequently you should seal the finished product to prevent damage to the stickles.
~ Always use a water-proof ink as the moisture will cause dye inks to bleed.
I have several more Stickles projects to share with you in the future but for now I hope these ATC's entice and inspire you to add a little bling to your life even if it's not really you're thing. You never know...it might bring out a little something that you didn't know you had in ya ;)
Till then...
STAMP ON!!!

10 comments:

  1. Pretty! I'm not much of a glitter girl due to the mess I usually make. I really like the the flower ATC - the stickles on the edges of the petals gives a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool bling girl!!

    I received my stamps yesterday -- thank you so much for the little goodie bag!! Love it all. and yes, I do enjoy your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bling!! And I love Stickles. I have been *collecting* the colors one by one.
    Wonderful projects, Roni. You make bling look easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love powdered glittah!!! I'm old school! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Roni!! I love, love, love the one with all the glittery red underwear!!!! And I am happy to say that I have seen the Just One of Those days ATC in all it's 2-D glittery glory!!
    wish someone around here sold Stickles....but no one does! (am I not surprised?!) I have a bottle that Jen sent to me once, and make do with the regular glitter the rest of the time. Never thought I would get into bling either, but it's so darn fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy - Thanks why I didn't much care for glitter either...I usually ended up with more on me than my projects ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so very welcome Brandi!! I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nanette - they are addictive aren't they! I have a growing collection and at some point hope to have them all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen - LOL!! Yeah I thought the red undies would be snazzy ;) Bummer about nobody selling it there! I'll have to check around and see if I can find some nice on-line stores for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely going to have to find some Stickles soon! It looks so cool! I love the dresses ATC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!