Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dabber Door Hanger

Here is a fun project that you can make with your kids....an Acrylic Dabber Door Hanger!

You can find these wooden door hangers at dollar tree/stores, craft chains, department stores, etc. Some stores sell them individually and some have package deals. If you keep your eye open, large craft chains will sometimes put packages of pre-printed (has a black line drawing printed on the wooden door hanger) on clearance for a fraction of the original cost. That's how I got this one. The original package had 6 hangers (printed w/girly themes), paint (that was very old & dried up) and instructions for $0.50!!! Can't pass up a bargain like that!!


To make this hanger I painted the entire hanger with a coat of Pink Sherbet Acrylic Dabber. I then stamped the flowers & butterflies (Font Werks) using Espresso Acrylic Dabber. I added Coffee Ice Stickles to the flower centers and the butterfly wings. To finish it off I tied on a piece of sheer ribbon.

It only takes a very short time to make these hangers as the Acrylic Dabber paints dry very quickly. The Ice Stickles do take a bit longer to dry depending on how thick the Stickles are applied, temperature and humidity (30-60 minutes). They are the perfect project for a snowy (in this area) or rainy afternoon.

Here's to a Crafty Weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful project! Especially for kids. I plan on emailing the directions to my sister so she and my neice can make one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Roni, I have a door hanger that is in need of help.....This is heaven set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!