Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Inkssentials White Pigment Pen vs. Signo & Galaxy


Going to take a break from the Ink Blending Tool today and answer a few questions on Ranger's new Inkssentials White Pigment pen.

I've gotten several questions about the pen it's self and how it compairs to the Signo from Uni-Ball & Galaxy Marker from American Crafts. Well, rather than tell you what I think, I'm going to show you instead. I pulled lots of different types of paper from my scrap basket and tried all three pens side by side. You will be able to see for yourself the difference between each pen.

Just a few things to keep in mind. I did not start on a scrap piece then write my words, I simply uncapped the pen and wrote on each piece of paper. I wanted to show how the pen performed immediately, right off the bat. I would suggest that you always start any pen on a scrap piece of paper when you're using it "for real" so you don't mess up a great project with a finishing touch.

So, here you go.....

Inexpensive Wal-Mart type cardstock
Die Cuts With A View Cardstock
observations: for some reason inks seem to soak into this paper.


Mulberry Paper

Bazzill Cardstock


Club Scrap Cardstock


Bazzill Bling Cardstock
(sorry - my camera has a hard time photographing the bling cs.)


Writing over Eggplant Acrylic Dabber Paints.


Writing over Denim Adirondack Dye Inks.


Writing over Distress Inks.

Writing over Adirondack Alcohol Inks & Stamping

Writing over Copper Acrylic Dabber Paint.

Writing over Distress Ink/Ink Blending Tool Technique.

Light Colored Pattern Paper

Well, there you have it!
Side by side results.
I'll leave it up to you to decide which pen you'd rather use.
I know that personally once I used the Inkssentials Pen I'm not going to miss my Signo (or the frustrations) of using it!

22 comments:

  1. Fan-freaking-tastic!! Remember how excited we were with the signo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need me an Inkssentials pen!!

    Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'd better change pens!! LOL!! (Can you tell that I use the Signo?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...Yep, we all thought Signo's were just it....guess we were wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - a picture is worth way more than a 1,000 words in this case. Great way to show the pen, Roni.

    Thanks!

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for taking the time to show us the comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing us the differences! I actually think the signo and the inkssentials look very good! But the inkssentials seems to outperform on the paint or inked surface!
    I would just be grateful for ANY white pen that worked....! Have been trying to find a signo locally for ages....!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you ever get tired of scrapping you can be a product tester! That's great that you used so many different types of paper too! Looks like Inkssentials and Signo are a lot alike on unpainted cardstock.

    My Signo is still going strong, but when it runs out I may get an Inkssential. Even though the lines they drew look much alike, I'm figuring there must be something easier about the Inkssentials since you said you won't miss the frustrations of the Signo!

    Wonder if they'll have Inkssentials at Michael's? I never was able to find the Signo ones locally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, thanks for showing the comparison effects of the 3 pens on different surfaces... Upon seeing this, I know I have a need to change my Signo to InkEssential, hope you got the hint? *winkz*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, impressive. guess when my Signos run out I should switch, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow- thanks for the comparison Roni. You did a wonderful job of explaining and showing how they all work.
    good job

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it has to be the Inkessentials! We haven't got them in the UK yet....am sitting patiently waiting though!! Thanks for doing the comparison Roni....tis a great help hun x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the comparisons. Inkssentials looks like a winner.

    I notice that when I use markers on printed images (from my Inkjet), the markers stop working. I wonder what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did a bit of checking and I think the markers may stop working on printer inks is because of the diethylene glycol that is in most ink jet printer inks. The only other compounds are water and dye or pigment colorants.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really awesome comparisons - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for share this information, It’s great to see good information being shared.Thanks for share this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent entry! I'm been looking for topics as interesting as this. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for telling us about the features of both.

    Research Papers

    ReplyDelete
  20. that,s really great variety.It,s so nice for me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great work, I really like it! Indeed this is outstanding post in my dreamy eyes.I am following your blog regularly and got great information. I really like the tips you have given.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!