Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Girls Night Out Tattoo Results....

I promised to post pics of the tattoo's that the ladies got when we all went out ~ finally getting caught up enough to post so here they are...We went to Device Tattoo down in Ft. Wayne. A really great place with very friendly people. I would highly recommend it to anyone in our area thinking about getting one.

The Girls....

GNO Tattoo's 042508 005

From L-R....Dixie (a.k.a. - Mom), Karen, Carol ~ they all work together and every so often we have a Girls Night Out to eat, drink and laugh...usually more laughing than anything else but this time Mom talked the others into tattoo's. Funny thing is their boss said he'd get them a Gift Cert. for whatever they wanted for Sec. Day...they choose the tattoo parlor - LOL!!! Bet there isn't another lawyer around that can say he got his employee's tattoo's for Sec. Day!

On to the Tattoos...

Mom had me design her tattoo...this isn't what I originally drew, Shane Yoder ~ her tattoo guy made it much better ~ (she's got a thing for stars). She's got several tattoo's btw...I couldn't even tell you what they all are. She's already got her next 3 (I think) picked out...a retro blue-bird, possibly a humming bird and a fairy. She said she's going back to the same guy as he was so gentle.

GNO Tattoo's 042508 110

Karen got a small cross on her ankle and had her toe tattoo freshened up (8 yrs old). The toe wasn't finished here... Chad still had some black lines to put along the top and bottom but most of it was finished. (it's purple & blue on the insides)

GNO Tattoo's 042508 060

GNO Tattoo's 042508 096

Carol had never had a tattoo before so she was really worried. Her tattoo artist - Jeff was REALLY great with her...she knew she wanted a heart with flowers and that was about it. Jeff came up with this design which fit her personality perfectly! She was really pleased with it after it was all said & done.

GNO Tattoo's 042508 081

I think I mentioned in my first post how cool this tattoo place was ... o.k., I've only ever been in one other tattoo parlor but it was literally a night & day difference. The tattoo area at Device clean, well lit and it was open so I could float in between all of the ladies to take photos. There was also a guy getting a tattoo at the same time as the ladies. Oddly enough he was from the same town I live in!! Small world...anyway, he let me take a pic. of his tattoo as well - LOL!! (yes, I was snap happy...125 pics in about 1 1/2 hrs). I loved the design he was getting ~ it was 4 celtic hearts intertwined (at least that's what it looked like to me)....in blood red. I can't imagine how much that thing hurt...it was huge ~ took up almost 1/2 his lower back.

GNO Tattoo's 042508 107

Anyway, that's our Girls Night Out Tattoo experience :) Oh yeah, and incase you're wondering ~ I was just taking pics so no tattoo for me!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Gaaaaaaah! That's GREAT! Send my love to Dixie. Not only is she an awesome ATC maker, but she is a pretty cool lady. (I wanna be just like her IF I grow up! *grin*)

    BTW, the tat parlor I went to in Seattle to get my nose piercing is the same way you described. It's becoming more health conscious and more friendly and posh for the average Jo to get a tattoo or a piercing or whatever. And society even is making a stride or two toward being more accepting in general, I'd say. Ten years ago I'd never have even dreamed of getting a tattoo or a nose piercing and then walking into the office the next day!

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You girls know how to party it up for Secretary's Day!!! Those are all really pretty, but you forgot to tell us where they're located! (I'm doubting it's on their butts since you were taking photos of them in an open area!! LOL

    How about YOU, Roni, do you have one? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.
    I know you didn't get one that night, but am wondering if you've had one already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And no...I don't have any for a couple reasons. First and foremost I'm a chicken! I don't do pain very well. While they tell me it doesn't hurt (much) my second reason is I'm worried how it would look in several years...you know sagging and all - LOL!! The third reason is dh ~ saying he doesn't like tattoo's is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!