Monday, June 2, 2008

Inky Inchies!

I wanted to share my first attempt at Inchies with you today :) I loved the idea of inchies but had been reluctant to take the first steps into the Inchie world for several reasons. I was sure they would be another additction to add to the pile I already have ;) I was also worried about the words people add to them. I know it sounds odd but they all fit so perfectly, I just didn't know if I could do it or not. And they are so freakin' small ~ what can you put in such a tiny canvas?!?!?

Well, the Design Challenge for Purple Faeiry this month was Inchies to celebrate the release of a new inchie stamp design. Perfect opportunity to take the plunge!

I started with the stamp design...Andante Inchie Stamp . A very cool design to begin with and the first thing that came to mind was classical composers and love...so I combined the two! I used black, white and red as my main color choices, a selection of classical composer images and my Pitch Black & Snow Cap Pigment Inks along with the awesome stamp.

We needed to make 2 identical Inchies - one to be displayed as a plain inchie and the other to be used in some sort of project. Here are the inchies I came up with....

Purple Faerie - June 08 002

and here are the projects I made using them :)

Purple Faerie - June 08 004
Here I used the inchie stamp for the background of the ATC as well!
Purple Faerie - June 08 007

I went kind of crazy when I was stamping the backgrounds so I made some extra inchies just because :)

Purple Faerie - June 08 003

Here is the link to the entire challenge page - June 2008 Challenge - Inchies.

I must say that once I had things shrunk down (images, stamps & embellishments) they were just like making ATC cards so of course I loved them and had loads of fun...and yes, you can add another addition to the books!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love these. How cute. I can see Hels putting them on a canvas now. Fab Work.

    Mez xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cool. I will be having a go at inchies this week when I have some time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely tiny peices of art you have made - they are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Roni. Thanks for showing how you used them on your projects as I was never too sure what you did with an inchie.

    Sheryl H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - do my eyes deceive me? You actually used RED! Your inchies turned out wonderfully. I didn't realize there was such a thing as an inchie stamp - cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!