Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Double Sided Checker Bracelet

Oh! I am so excited about the bracelet I have to share with you today! It turned out far better than I anticipated :) I love it when that happens ~ don't you?

As you've already figured out the game pieces I'm using today are checkers. Vintage wooden ones to be exact!

Let's get down to it...

Supplies:

Vintage Wooden Checkers (or new wood checkers work as well)

Tissue Paper

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink - Ranger

Flourish Stamp - Fancy Pants

Glossy Accents - Ranger

Collage Sheet - Curious By Design - Hannah Grey

Dried Flowers

Posh Accent Pen - Gold - Ranger

Wire

Beads

Tim Holts Ideaology Trinket Pins

Instructions:

1. Drill 2 holes in each checker.

checker bracelet001

2. Stamp flourishes onto tissue paper using Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink. Heat to set.

3. Adhere tissue paper to checkers ~ see video...Let dry.



4. Trim excess tissue paper from the checker using an exacto knife.

checker bracelet003

5. Sand the edges of the checker to take care of any jagged edges left from cutting away the tissue paper.

checker bracelet004

6. Apply a dried flower to each checker over flourishes using Glossy Accents. Let dry.

checker bracelet009

NOTE - if at anytime the holes become plugged with the Glossy Accents all you have to do is take a pick and clean them out.

checker bracelet005

7. Cut out desired images using paper punch from collage sheet.

checker bracelet007

8. Adhere collage images to checkers using Glossy Accents. Let dry.

checker bracelet008

9. Apply Gold Posh Accent Pen to edges of all stamps.

checker bracelet006

10. Wire the checkers together. The bead isn't necessary, it's just an extra little fun touch.

11. Add Trinket Pin for the closure.

Now you have your very own double sided vintage checker bracelet!!

ENJOY!!

checker bracelet010

checker bracelet011

Tomorrow I will be using Bingo goodies!

Hope you stop in and check em out...

Now, the question of the day...

Have you got any Ink Stains on YOUR fingers?!?!? ;)

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!!! Thanks so much for the time you put in! You rock!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a matter of fact I DO have ink stains on my fingers. Great bracelet. And people always wonder why I don't toss old games with missing pieces, cause you can always do something with them, as you have just proved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cool Roni!! You never cease to amaze me!!!!
    I wish I had some ink stains on my fingers, but I haven't crafted since before I started school in January. :-( Isn't that sad?! I'm half way done with school though, so hopefully I'll be able to get back to crafting in April after I graduate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project and yes, me too, I have ink on fingers, almost all the time. I'll be bookmarking your awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing truly amazing where do you get all your ideas from? I really enjoy visiting your blog, Thank you Jaqi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!