Saturday, October 25, 2008

Typewriter Poll...

WOW, looks like the overwhelming majority of people feel I should leave it as is and use it....

So, that's what I'm going to do :)

My youngest son is very pleased about it because he really liked it and thought it was a pretty cool typewriter ~ he'd never seen one!! Kids these days (tee hee hee...sounds like my parents!).

SO, it's gained a stay of execution and will live out it's life in my scrapbook room looking cool and typing whatever I might need. Next ? is finding out a bit more about it so I can buy a ribbon or two.

Next order of business...the Paper Arts gift cert. winner... I'm going to get with C from PA's and see who the winner is :) I'll let you know as soon as I find out!

Did you all have a great Saturday so far? I sure hope so ~ it's cold and blustery here today...a perfect day to stay in, cover up with a blankie and read a good book or watch a nice movie. Going to go do that right now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh thats cool to have an old fashioned typewriter in your craft room. I have a really old brass till, the type with the big buttons that you press down and they ring a little bell. It has a glass top and the amount you press on the buttons comes up on a little flag inside the glass top. Its really , really old, and takes at least 2 people to lift it , its so heavy. But it looks amazing, I really like old things, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are going to let the dear old typewriter have a place in your studio and get used from time to time~that is a bit of history! Beautiful, too! (Yes, I did VOTE...thanks for asking our opinion!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you decided to keep the typewriter whole. I don't like to see old things broken up if they can be saved and made to work. Much more fun to see them in use as they were originally intened.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!