Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gift Idea #5 - Stamped Mug & Coaster

25 Days of Gifts

#5 - Rubber Stamped Mug & Coaster Set

Today I have another quick and easy gift idea for anyone on your gift list...

A mug and coaster set!

36LM_-_Evid_Found_Mug_and_Coaster

I found these awesome GIANT mugs at Dollar General for yes, 1.00! For those of you who don't live by one of these stores, Dollar General is similar to the Dollar Tree but not everything is a dollar but still inexpensive. The coaster is a tumbled floor tile which can be bought for between $1.00 - 2.00, sometimes less if they are on sale.

Stamping on curved surfaces can be tricky because you have to roll the stamp around the edge of the mug. Sometimes the stamp will skid across the surface....if this happens, just wipe and re-stamp. It took me a few tries before I figured out the pressure and curl but it doesn't take long. I used staz-on inks since they dried fairly quickly but there are ceramic/glass inks that work just as well. I sealed each of the items with acrylic spray sealer to protect the images. Some people say they don't seal their glass items and they stay nice so I guess you'll just have to give it a try and see which you prefer.

5 down...20 to go :)

Hope you're enjoying the ideas!!

1 comment:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!