Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm Back!!! Catchin' Up! Gift Ideas 22-25

Oh my, it's been wild around here...we had one heck of an ice storm last week which knocked out power in the surrounding area. Luckily we never lost power ~ Dad's kept flickering on and off though but he never lost it completely. Our Internet has been having difficulties though ~ it kept going on and off...every time I tried to post it would loose contact and consequently I'd loose what I was typing or my photos wouldn't upload or would freeze half way through :( Sooooo I just took that as a sign to get my butt in gear and write.

Good news on the book front ~ I've just finished chapter 9 (the writing portion)!! Only 2 more chapters plus the appendix to write. Of course I have examples and step by steps to actually make for chapters 5-11 soooooo, still alot of work ahead of me but hey, it's rollin' along! I'm so excited about it all.

Since I still have 4 more gift ideas to go for my 25 I'm going to post them all right here, right now...


Gift Idea #22 - Stamped Tiles
This goes right along with the idea of stamping on the giant mug...think of all of the rubber stamps you have in your stash ~ now translate those into themes! The possibilities are just endless!! Here are a couple sets I've made....


36LM_-_Wild_Coasters_


36Pansie_tiles


Gift Idea #23 - Beeswax Family Plaque
Another idea to put that beeswax to use! I know I still have to post the directions...those were partly what I was having trouble posting. I am planning on adding those Friday :) Everything on the plaque was added using only beeswax! It is actually hanging on my wall and I haven't had a thing fall off or come lose ~ it's great stuff!


Beeswax_Family_Collage_Plaque


Gift Idea #24 - Remember When Frame
O.k....HERE is a classic weathered and distressed frame - quite a difference from the mirror huh? The background paper is decoupaged onto the frame, sanded, distressed and then for added texture I used distress embossing powder on a good portion. Other collage embellishments were added after it had cooled. The photo btw is my mom's family (not as blurry in person).


Bortner_Frame


and


Gift Idea #25 - Stamped Candles
These are such a fun and easy gift idea...just stamp on tissue paper, melt into the candle using your embossing/heat tool; add a few embellishments and you're done! It's a great way to get the kids involved too...they can stamp the heck out of the tissue paper and you can help melt it into the candle. Let the kids have at it for the finish decorations. They make great gifts for just about anyone on your list :)


Stamped_Candles


Whew...how was that for ideas???


Sorry they are all coming so late but I guess it's better late than never :)


Maybe you can use them for an upcoming birthday or shoot ~


Valentine's Day is just around the corner - LOL!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh me of little faith, I didn't think you were going to be able to do it - finish all 25 gift ideas. But of course you came through brilliantly as always. Well done and thank you!

    Love those tiles! That is another project that I have the supplies for, but just haven't gotten around to doing yet. My tiles are glossy, though, and yours look porous. I assume I can just use solvent ink (permanent like Ranger's Archival or Stazon) over alcohol inks. I've used the glossy tiles for decoupage projects before but I am excited to add stamping and ink, ink and more ink!!

    I am a total candle freak so I am always on the look out for good deals, close outs and sales. I've seen a video of using a heat tool to melt the tissue paper into the wax, too, and it looks super easy. When done, you can't even see the tissue paper. It looks like the candle was made that way. What a great way to get your friends to ooh and ahhh and bow down to our obvious creative genius, huh? (I just love projects that are super easy yet look complicated!). I am definitely going to try this one. This would be perfect for a g/f birthday.

    Thanks again, Roni. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh why do your candles turn out looking so beautiful, while mine turn out looking oh so pathetic?! I do okay with the stamping on tissue paper, it's the heating that is my downfall! I have a bunch of bought-on-sale candles just waiting to be adorned, but I need to wait until I get my bravery up again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!