Friday, February 13, 2009

ATC Holder - Additional Examples

Hey Hey Hey!

As promised I have several more examples of some ATC holders I've made in the past.

These particular holders are all very feminine...3 of them were covered in pattern papers from a variety of mfg. and the fourth was stamped and stippled with dye inks.

As you can see there is no limit to the type of embellishments you can add to spice the holders up a bit. I love to add fringe along the back side of the flap...I think it gives it that extra little something by incorporating a bit of flash and movement.

ATC holders


I made this ATC holder for a guy using the Dimensional Pearls. The clasp is one of the Basic Grey magnetic clasps which I alcohol inked to match the cover.

ATC holders 2


If you will notice the variety of designs you can use for the front flap. You can leave them square; round the corners; trim the edges to look like the top of a shipping tag and so much more. I have made scallop edged flaps but when you go to cover them it is very time consuming as you will need add several tiny relief cuts so the paper will conform to the rounded edges.

As I mentioned before you can create this type of holder with virtually any size of envelope available. The only thing you will have to keep in mind is the larger the envie, the larger the cover. Once you get up into the large envelopes (6x9 and up) you're probably going to have to go to the larger sheets of paper or rolled papers to get a piece large enough to cover the chipboard without having to piece together several sheets.

As to the measurements for the chipboard, here is what I do.... for this example I'm going to be using a 6x9 envie folded in half giving me a pocket size of 6 x 4 1/2". The following are the sizes I'd need to cut the chipboard

Flap - 3 x 7"

Top - 1 to 2" x 7"

Back - 5 1/2 x 7"

Bottom - 3/4" to 1 3/4" x 7"

Front - 5 1/4" x 7"

The size of your cardstock; canvas; pattern or specialty paper would vary depending on how wide you make the top and bottom pieces.

All directions to assemble remain the same.

These types of holders make great gift card organizers and if you use tyvek envelopes to create the pockets these holders will last for a very long time!

Hope you have enjoyed these critters and give em a try sometime!

Take care and have a great evening everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. You go, grrl. Look at all that BLING! (lower left in pic) LOL - love the sequins.

    This project is a keeper. I know I will return to it again and again as I am always making ATCs for swaps and such.

    Thanks for the awesome tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Roni, they are fab, and as usual a great tutorial, Cheers Jaqi

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tutorial - I've made a couple following your brilliant instructions - they're on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!