Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm Back from Indy!!

Hey Everyone!

Well I'm back from the photo shoot!!! Everything went so very well....we even finished up early so we arrived back home at a decent hour. I'm so glad I am anal about organizing...I think it helped a lot. I had everything bagged, tagged and in seperate boxes so we really zipped through everything. Over 500 photos plus far too many pics of me in around 16 hours total.


I took some pics but haven't downloaded them yet. I promise to get them on here soon...


And yes, you read that right I did have my pic taken so it will be in the book.... Pam (the photo editor) said I didn't HAVE to have my pic in there if I really didn't want but I knew I'd be in trouble by some of you (you know who you are!!) if I didn't ~ so, rather than deal with the wrath, I knew I better ;) Matt Bowen (the photographer) made it lots of fun. He's very easy going and way funny ~ you have to check out his site. His photos are amazing~ seriously. He is located in Zanesville which is like a sub. of Indy ~ He's got some great shots on his site of the town....of course it doesn't look like that right now since it's covered in snow but it is still beautiful with it's brick streets and cute little cottages. The first photo in the set is his old studio ~ he moved across the hall in the same building (old town hall) and it's really hip/trendy. I've got a few pics of it as well which I'll share later.

I got to meet (in person) Pam who is the acquisitions & photo editor; Jodi ~ she is an assistant for the company and Donna who is the text editor (not sure if that's her official title or not but that's what she does anyway). They were all very nice...I spent most of the time with Pam and Jodi along with Matt of course and it was a blast ~ I haven't laughed so much in a long time!!!

Trust me though, it was lots of work...you wouldn't think that just taking photos would be but it was...I was wiped out each night by the time I got back to the motel. I think part of it was stress I put on myself ~ you know is it good enough, will they like it, etc. Sharing art with others is so personal ~ it's laying a piece of yourself right out there in the open for everyone to see. In small doses it's not so bad but sharing that much at once is more than a little scary/nerve wracking if you KWIM.

I am really stoked about the whole thing though...if you've seen other TYV books you'll be surprised about this one. It's got a major difference that you should notice immediately when you see it ;) I don't want to spoil the surprise but it's very me....like my blog....hmmmm makes you wonder now doesn't it - LOL!!!

I found out more about the release date...it will be out in July sometime and I know a lot of people have asked if will be ava. outside the US.... It should be ava. everywhere other than the UK - sorry guys...there is a series over there that is called Teach Yourself or something along those lines. They fight (legally) anything that is remotely close to their name so it's a no-go. It will be ava. on Amazon though so that is an option.

Well, that's all for now...I'm wiped out but I promise I'll be around more regularly from now on. I just have a bit more work to do on the book but have to wait until I see the pics to finish it up. It's funny... Bob (youngest ds) mentioned to me shortly after we got home...."Now you'll be able to get back to bloggin' again." - LOL!!! I've been complaining I don't have time to do it how I'd like and he knows how much I've missed it :) Hopefully it was mutual!

((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Take care peeps

and

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend in store!!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes... we miss you, too. (*smile*) So glad you got the big push done so now, hopefully, you can breathe again and have some more time for you (and us, of course!).

    Congratulations, Doll. You really did it and I am so, so, SO proud of you!! What a rush - your first BOOK! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! absolutely 100% yes, you have been MISSED. {sigh} I'm so very proud of you! You did it woman!!!
    (((((hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOO HOOOOOOO So happy you will be back to blogging. Congrats on finishing up the photos. Now take a bit of a rest and relax some.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all sounds so exciting! I can't wait to get this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great experience for you!! I know that I haven't checked in here as often as I'd like...but I have been missing you + your posts. I can't wait to 'read' your book. You know how I love idea books!! I am so proud + thrilled for you.

    Congrats, Sweetie!!!
    Many tight hugs.....Nanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES, you were missed lots and lots!!! Your blog stands out in crowd and is greatly missed. But so very happy for you than you have achieved this goal...I just can not imagine the work to have that many pictures! Certainly looking forward to your book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you will have your photos in the book~ it is something to be very proud of! Can't wait to get it. Yes, we missed you lots, but got out of the habit of checking every day...
    Your DS is perceptive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about your adventure;-) Glad that all went well and you can return to your 'normal' life.

    And wowza--the book will be out this summer? Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!