Sunday, June 7, 2009

Postcards 20090607

Hey there everyone!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend so far. I know I mentioned that I had a collection of postcards and wondered if you'd be interested in my sharing them with you. The answer was an overwhelming yes so each Sunday I'm going to be posting a few to share with everyone.

Please feel free to download them and use them

for your own personal use,

I just ask that you do not compile them as a collage sheet, cd or whatever to sell.

A bit about my collection...I have a little bit of everything ~ modern, retro, vintage, antique ~ from 1900 - now ~ it's all good to me. I am always looking to add to it so I pick up cards where ever I see them. I don't have a lot of holiday cards (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc) because those are usually VERY expensive and the most sought after cards around. I've got lots of kitchy vacation spots, a few cool old motel postcards, and quite a few from around the world. I have several postcard and photo "packs". These are little pamphlets filled with anywhere from 6 to 30 postcards or photos of a particular area ~ for example I have one from New Mexico, Colorado, Nice (France), etc. Since some of them contain several pieces I may have to split those up over several days.

I photographed all of the postcards on white watercolor paper so you can trim them out however you feel ~ leave the white, deckle the edge, trim close to the image, etc. I plan on posting the names of the featured location or other info when it's given ~ some postcards don't have names, places, etc so your guess is as good as mine on those. I will share the backsides when there is writing and stamps ~ I love reading them...it's so much fun to catch a glimpse of peoples lives from the past or if there is a cool "postcard" script. Some are pretty boring on the back but others are real gems....

I hope you will enjoy them and please feel free to share any creations you make with them!

Pier & Sun Pavillion, Long Beach, Cal.

(front)

0609004

Pier & Sun Pavillion, Long Beach, Cal.

(back)

0609007

Heidelberg a. Neckar (sp?)

(front)

0609011

Heidelberg a. Neckar

(back)

0609012

Cocoanut Tree

"A cocoanut tree loaded with fruit in tropical Florida"

0609038

H.I. - Rockford, IL

0609032

Petrified Forest, Arizona

0609018

Lake Placid NY

"The lake and Whiteface Mt. in winter array at Lake Placid, NY as viewed from Signal Hill"

0609036

So there ya go...

Hope you enjoy taking my little postcard journey around the world :)

4 comments:

  1. thank so much for sharing! my favorite is always the backs- love to see the names/ addresses and the little notes....glimpse of a different time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Roni! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I think I have commented on your blog. I just wanted to let you know that I love all the techniques you share and I really love the step by step pics that you take. Even if I don't have time to sit and read everything, I can scroll down and get the meat of what you're doing because of those. Great, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cool! What is your address again and I will send you a post card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!