Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Aura Inking Examples

Here are the additional examples using the Aura Inking technique I shared yesterday.

The first image is a card I created with a multi colored stamped image....the image it's self was colored using watercolor pencils and Stickles Glitter Glue.

Aura Inking 001


This sunflower image was aura inked using Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress Inks....

Aura Inking 003


Up till now I had mostly used this technique with lighter concentrations of ink...giving the illusion of a soft, dusty appearance. For this example I decided to go with a much heavier coat of inks and as you can see it REALLY made the masked stamped image pop! Quite a difference than with lighter coats.

Aura Inking 002


and the last example is the same stamped image I used on the first card but instead of using intense colors I wanted to try an almost filmy layer of color. I used just two colors of ink for the aura then I added colored chalks to the image.

Aura Inking 004


So there you go...it's fun to experiment and see how colors of both the aura and how you choose to color the image change the whole feel of the finished product.

I think I have the Ink Stains logo thing fixed! I couldn't figure out how to get the "copy & paste" code up there but Dan was able to fix it for me...he's such a whiz at that type of thing!

Thanks Dan!!

Now, you if you would like, you can copy and paste the green code under the banner for your own Ink Stains link :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this technique. An easy background that looks good no matter what colors you use!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!