Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Watercolor Paper Towel Technique - Project Examples

Well if you recall yesterday I shared the Watercolor Paper Towel Technique with you. Today as promised I have the projects I made using the resulting papers.

Elaine mentioned that the papers reminded her of Impressionist flowers...it did me too! That's why I wanted to share them with you :)

The first two examples are ATC's...

Beautiful ATC

Watercolor Paper Towel Examples 002

Friends ATC

not sure if you can tell but the main image was stamped on acetate then colored on the back side using Smooch ink.

Watercolor Paper Towel Examples 001

And a couple of cards...

Love

Watercolor Paper Towel Examples 003

You're special...

Watercolor Paper Towel Examples 004

Altered Candy/Gift Container

And my favorite project incorporates both the paper (on the container) and the paper towels which I turned into flowers! I think most of you will recognize the fast food french fry box which is the basis for this little candy/gift container!

I took one of these french fry boxes apart and used it as a template for cutting and assembling.

The flowers used to decorate the box were cut using Sizzix multi layer flower die. I folded them up, dipped the end in glue and applied them to the box.

Watercolor Paper Towel Examples 005

Watercolor Paper Towel Examples 006

Watercolor Paper Towel Examples 007

Watercolor Paper Towel Examples 008


This last photo shows a different type of flower I also made (laying in front of the altered container) from the paper towel. To create this flower I torn bits off around the edges of 3 squares ~ one of each color. I then gathered 2 of the paper towels in the center (pink & red) and wrapped them with the remaining purple towel.

Watercolor Paper Towel Examples 012

So there you go...

a fun, quick and easy technique that really doesn't take anything special to create but offers up beautiful results!

Hope you give it a try and let me know what you think!


10 comments:

  1. I love how you used the paper towels. And the fry box is adorable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, love the flowers too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv the flowers....but cute idea for the french fry container ...might have to give this one a whirl too...ty Roni cher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roni -

    After seeing what you've created I am even more in love with this technique. I love the look that you get from using the paper towels. And the bonus is actually being able to recycle the paper towels as well. Love, love the flowers on the box, just beautiful. And I will just have to go through the drive-thru and get a box of french fries so I can make a template. Oh the things we do for our art!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper towels became so beautiful! You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them! That french fry box is great!!! Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I LOVE the flowers. I really need to try this technique out...have plenty of paper towels, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your watercolor effects and textures are lovely. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!