Tuesday, April 6, 2010

BFF Altered Book/Mini Album Challenge #3

Today is #3 in our Best Friend altered book/mini album challenge!

The BFF sentiment is...

3. When you smile, I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

and

The Challenge is...

add a bit of shimmer to your pages.

I did this by using Perfect Pearls and the Northern Lights technique!

Supplies:

Perfect Pearls

Perfect Ink Refresher

Water

Heat it Craft Tool

Black Cardstock

Instructions:

1. Make a cream paint by combining Perfect Pearls and water. I usually just make this on my Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Just squirt a bit of water, add a tiny scoop of PP's and mix.

BFF 3 002

BFF 3 003

2. Saturate the black cardstock with the Perfect Ink Refresher.

BFF 3 007

3. Immediately paint the PP cream paint onto the cardstock, mist with water and tilt your paper in various directions to float the Perfect Pearls over the entire sheet.

BFF 3 010

4. You may further move the Perfect Pearls around with the Heat tool while you are drying it.

BFF 3 011

5. (Optional) For added texture and interest I like to crumble the paper up before it has completely dried....the I finish drying it.

BFF 3 012

BFF 3 014

After it's dry you can use the paper in a variety of projects!

BFF 3 016

BFF 3 017

BFF 3 019

BFF Page #3 down and in the books!

I hope you can find some time to play along!

If not you could still use the Northern Lights technique in a variety of projects ~ cards, scrapbooks, ATC's, Gothic arches, collage or altered art projects, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roni -

    Love this page! Now I know what to do with the Perfect Ink Refresher I bought 2 years ago - LOL!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni this is fab, what a great technique, thanks for sharing, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!