Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Creativity" Stickles Tag

Yes, I seem to be on a Stickles/Glitter Glue roll ;)

I can't help it...it is just so much fun!! Seriously though, I get many e-mails asking how to incorporate Stickles into projects as more than just accents.

Today's project is a tag again paired with chipboard.

Creativity Tag

Roni - CHA 062

Supplies:

Chipboard

Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber

Stickles Glitter Glue

Vintage Ledger Paper

Adhesive (Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue)

Ribbon

Archival Ink

Sheer Crown Embellishment (maya road

Sentiment - Autumn Leaves

Tag

Instructions:

1. Cover the tag with vintage ledger paper. Fold over the edges and wrap around the backside of the tag.

2. Apply a white wash (50 water/50 white paint) to the tag and let dry completely.

3. Gather several different chipboard shapes to incorporate into your tag design. My main focus is the paisley shapes but I also added lots of little circles, flower and star shapes as well. Paint chipboard pieces with desired colors of acrylic paint...my main colors for this project are Aqua, Lettuce and Wild Plum.

4. After the chipboard pieces are dry, cover each piece with Stickles Glitter Glue. I am using Lime Green, Turquoise and Purple. Mmmmm such deep rich colors! They just knock your socks off when paired with the paints!!

Roni - CHA 063

5. On your work surface determine placement for each piece of chipboard. Place the tag beside your arrangement and glue each piece to the tag one at a time. This will help you keep track of where each little piece goes! Trust me, if you don't you'll end up with lots of little extras ;)

6. Stamp sentiment onto the sheer crown embellishment using Archival Ink. Add Gold Stickles Glitter Glue accents to the crown.

7. Punch a hole in the crown, tie the crown and ribbon to the tag. Lightly heat the ribbon to add curl.

7 comments:

  1. Roni -

    I am a Stickles lover and this tag you've created is just gorgeous! I can't believe how vibrant everything gets when you apply over paint. Awesome job and thanks for sharing!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL - Love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow now this is really Stickling... Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the colors! I too, love to paint and then glitter blank chipboard! Love that I can get them to be the colors *I* want! :)

    p.s. I did receive the moon drops you mailed. Thank you ever so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I think "Stickles", I think of you. I love the instructions too. That way I can recreate (to some degree anyway) a tag that's almost as beatiful as yours. Thanks Roni!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!