Friday, October 8, 2010

Just For Fun Friday...Feelin' Witchy!

Woo Hoo!

Another Just For Fun rubber stamps Friday!

Today we're all feelin' just a bit Witchy!

The JFF Girls were all challenged this week to use several of the new witches in their line... Bubble Bubble, Toil & Trouble (are they great or what?), Double, Double, Toil & Trouble Sentiment; Large Flying Witch (5x4"); Small Flying Witch (2x 2.75"); Tiny Witch (.75x1"); Beware II; and Hocus Pocus!

And here is what I came up with....

"Air Mail"

This card was so much fun...I used the large witch paired with one of Just For Fun's great faux postage rubber stamps - 6 Piece Faux Postage

First I stamped the postage then I covered this image with the  6 Piece Template ... it covers the postage image so you can stamp, color, etc.  w/o having to worry about staying in the lines.    I stamped the large witch then used my Ink Blending Tool & Distress Inks to add lots of color.  I removed the template then stamped the sentiments and used a gel pen to add "31" to each "postage stamp".   31 for 10-31...certainly not for  $ 0.31 ~ postage hasn't been that low for a LONGGGG time!

JFF - 10-8 - Ink Stained Roni 002

In the Pink Tag

Who says witches can't be girly too?  LOL!!  I decided to go way outside the box on this one and use pinks, purples and blue for this tag.  The witch was embossed with a REALLY bright pink embossing powder from Ranger called Candy Pink!   The background is the Wrinkle Free Distress technique using Broken China, Worn Lipstick and Dusty Concord Distress Inks.

JFF - 10-8 - Ink Stained Roni 005

Toil & Trouble

I just love these ladies...they look like they are having such fun!  They were colored with watercolor pencils and highlighted with various shades of Stickles Glitter Glue.

JFF - 10-8 - Ink Stained Roni 001

and finally...

Beware Gothic Arch

This was a fun gothic arch to create.  I swiped some alcohol inks on the entire arch base then pounced the still wet felt along the edges and blew on the AI's to make them dry quickly before they had a chance to spread giving the bubble effect.  The sentiment was then stamped over the entire arch using Dusty Concord Distress Ink so it blends in.  I stamped the witch and other sentiments in Archival Black ink over the top.  It is finished off with a bit of Dresden Trim and edged with Krylon Pale Gold Metallic Paint.

JFF - 10-8 - Ink Stained Roni 004

Be sure to check out the Just For Fun blog to see what the other designers came up with this week!

I'll be back a bit later today to talk about inks...

3 comments:

  1. Great projects! I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards and tag!! I adore the 2 witches in Toil & Trouble. They are so cute!! Guess I'll have to go buy that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!