Monday, June 27, 2011

Steampunk Tile Stamped Card

Over the weekend I rec'd a couple e-mails asking about Ranger's new Foil Sheets (see -
Faux Tin Type Foil Image Transfer Technique & Examples); wanting to know what other things you can do with this foil.

Ask and I will try to deliver ;)

So, here you go Sandy, Amanda893, ColletteZ and Francie and everyone else out there :)

Painted & Stamped Foil...
Steampunk Tile Card

Steampunk Metal Tile Card

Supplies:

Inkssentials Foil Tape Sheets - Ranger Industries
Metallic Adirondack Acrylic Dabbers - Ranger Industries
Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Stamps - Get Inked - March Kit; Scrolls Works; Artistic Outpost
Mini Brads - Making Memories

Instructions:

1. Initially I cut the foil into 1.5" strips then I cut those strips into varying lengths.

2. Paint two thirds of those tiles using Brass & Copper Acrylic Paint. 

3. Peel the backing paper off each tile and affix to the card.  Since it's self sticking this is a breeze!!

4. Scratch up the painted and unpainted tiles with whatever tool(s) you would like.  I used really rough sandpaper, a metal brush (something I took from the garage - shhhh!) and my tiny embossing tool.  For added interest I scratched up each tile in a different direction...vertical, horizontal, diagonal... 

Steampunk Metal Tile Card Close Up

5. After you have scratched up all of the tiles, stamp desired images onto the tiles using Archival Ink.  This was so much fun... 

6. Finish the card off by adding a few mini brads here and there.  I was going to add more brads but I wasn't sure about mailing it with sooooo many brads so I only added a few.

I'll be sharing additional ideas on how to use the foil but this is a quick and easy project to get your feet wet :)

Have a great day ~

5 comments:

  1. Whoa! This is very cool!!!! I love the background to it. So many details. I love steampunk themes and this card really says it's steampunkish!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, wow, wow...and double wow! This is just incredible Roni!! I LOVE the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni -

    I really love how this looks. The bradss are a perfect touch too!

    Elane Allen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!