Friday, November 11, 2011

Art Journal #7 - Smooshed Mediums & Childhood Memories

Yesterday I shared the first part of the 7th part of our Art Journal....Smooshed Mediums.  Today since everything has had a chance to dry it's time to finish it off.  I thought since it was such a fun and care-free technique that we would finish the page off with some of our favorite childhood memories!!!

Now I know some of you prefer to type/print instead of write but I think it's important to actually leave a record of your handwriting because handwritten bits are becoming a thing of the past.  I know I'm in love with any old missive that is written by hand.  It's up to you though...

Since the background turned out so cool I decided I didn't want to cover it up too much so I cut out several vellum circles.  This is where I'm going to put my memories....

Art Journal #7  Childhood Memories 001

I used one of the circles for the page title...  I love using the clear stamping blocks and acrylic letters for things like this.  It's so neat to be able to line up my letters so it fits perfectly in my shape as shown below....

Art Journal #7  Childhood Memories 002

Next, write out your memories.  It might be difficult at first but man once I got going I kept thinking of more and more I wanted to add.  I kept it to 7 so far but I may end up adding a few more.

This photo is with the flash which highlights the greens....

Art Journal #7  Childhood Memories 003

And this photo is taken without the flash which really lets the blues shine!

Art Journal #7  Childhood Memories 004

So now it's your turn!
Pull out all your favorite mediums,
squirt, spritz and smoosh em all together
then put down your favorite memories on paper!
I think you'll really enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Love how you have finished this background off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique. Love how you did the title and journaling.

    Saw your ATC's on SNR. They are beautiful TFS and thanx for the inspiration.


    KimMJ
    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!