Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Paint Chip Clipboard for Dad - Embellishing Ideas

Yesterday I shared how to alter a plain old $0.99 clipboard using bits and pieces of old books and paint chips turning it into a really fun and fabulous gift for dad....

Paint Chip Clipboard 016

Well today I wanted to share a variety of ideas on how to embellish it to make it perfect for Dad or anyone else on your gift giving list!

You could embellish your clipboard with a beloved photo of yourself, your family or heck even the family dog.  (sorry...no pic of this idea)

Of course you can always use stamped images to embellish your project.  Here I created a fun matching background using Liquid Pearls and Distress Ink which I then stamped.  I left space around the image to write a little quote or note to dad.

  Paint Chip Clipboard 009

Next you could use letters or die-cuts to personalize it. 
First I spelled out Dad - nobody is going to be running off with this clipboard ;)

Paint Chip Clipboard 001

But you could also use jumbo letters to monogram the clipboard as shown in these two examples....

Paint Chip Clipboard 002

I like the matching letter above but by bringing in another color it makes the monogram POP off the clipboard.

paint chip clipboard 003

You could use bits of ephemera to help embellish....

Paint Chip Clipboard 004

use copies of vintage diagrams if you're dad is a builder or crafty....
(Altered Pages Medieval Diagrams #1022D)

Paint Chip Clipboard 005

Decorate the clipboard with a theme ~ in this case western collage images...

Paint Chip Clipboard 007

Or go all out like I did and give it a humorous twist!
(Altered Pages Medieval Diagrams #1022D & Altered Pages Dad's Day 2600)

Paint Chip Clipboard 012

"Fun on the Road of Life with my Dad....."

"Pull Over!!!!"  ~ We've all had days  like that huh?

Paint Chip Clipboard 010

And I couldn't resist adding that golden question.....

"ARE WE THERE YET???"


Paint Chip Clipboard 011

No matter how you decide to embellish your clipboard I'm sure Dad will love it because after all it comes straight from your heart!

I hope you all have a wonderfully inky day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Super Roni!!! Are we ther yet...love that one...lol! Thanks for the deas:)
    ♥Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!