Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Meet Marie...

Bet you thought this was going to be a Marie Antoinette post huh?
 
Nope, it's an introduction to the newest member of our family....


 
Someone dumped her off near my grandma's house (the French one I shared a photo of last week) and she was just wandering around in the corn field ~ the cat, not my grandma.  My uncle brought her up to the house and she just stayed. 
 
Last night we went over to check the beans we have planted there (it's been raining for a couple weeks now and they need sprayed really bad) and that's when we met this little sweetie!
 
We think she must have been a house pet because she was very friendly and purred almost non-stop.  Grandma talked us into taking her home which Bob (youngest ds) didn't need any talking at all...he's always loved cats and his cat of 16+ years died late last year.  He's been after us to get another and this one reminded me of a cat we had many years ago ~ when Bob was born as a matter of fact ~ almost 21 years ago.  Harry was our first cat and we loved him lots... sadly he died of kidney problems and we've never had an orange kitty since. 
 
I'm not sure how old she is ~ she's about 6-7" or so tall, not a tiny kitten but I'm thinkin' maybe 10-12 weeks old?  Does that sound right?  It's been a long time since we've had kittens so I don't really remember size vs. age anymore.
 
Anyway, she's ours now.  Dh got to name her because grandma told him it was his b-day gift (he's 50 today!) and talked him into it.  So, he decided to name her after grandma....Marie :)
The dogs have taken to her and she doesn't fear any of them! 
She's pretty much taken over - LOL!!
 

6 comments:

  1. She's a doll! And looks pretty bright. Watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Tell your DH "Happy Birthday" from "one of the girls" for me!! Enjoy the new kitten...I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roni -

    Marie is just so beautiful! Her eyes look blue in the first photo, but I'm guessing they are green or yellow. I agree with you about her age, she can't be more than 3 months old, adorable!

    Elaine Allen

    P.S. Happy Birthday to your Hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....she's adorable...I had to laugh when you said she (and not Grandma was wondering around the corn field! LOL)
    Enjoy her snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable!!!! Gingers are the best. :) Happy Birthday to yor DH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new family member! Happy Birthday to your DH :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!