Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Gelatos & Dylusions St. Patty's Day Tag!

Today is Two for Tuesday at Altered Pages Artsociates blog and this month all of the designers are playing with Gelatos,  Dylusion Inks or both paired with some of the beautiful collage images from Altered Pages!  I decided to play with all of them just because they are so much fun.

Since St. Patrick's Day is about 3 weeks away I thought it would be fun to make a tag to celebrate this fun holiday!  

Now you know I how I hate to waste anything...well the other day I was using gesso to create texture on the black cardstock, when I lifted the paper off my craft mat there were two strips of gesso on either side.   I didn't want to just wipe it away so I pressed a few tags into the left-over gesso to create some interesting textures.   Today I pulled one of those tags out and I'm using it as the base for my St. Patty's day tag.


I started off by spritzing the entire tag with Fresh Lime Dylusions Ink Spray.  This is one of my favorite colors...I just love the bright intense green!


After the ink was dry I used my Micron pen to trace several shamrocks over the entire tag.  (the two sparklie shamrocks were my patterns.)  I then proceeded to scratch the shamrock tracings up a bit to give them a sketchy look....yes I know this is cheating but hey, it works.


Next I scribbled several shades of green Gelatos on my non-stick craft mat.


which I picked up with my Niji Waterbrush to color each of the shamrocks.



Here's what the tag looks like so far....  Don't you love how the gesso is shining through the Dylusions & Gelatos!  That stuff is great :)


I added a bit of a shadow to the shamrocks and added a line frame around the outside of the tag.


I then fussy cut this cute little couple from the "St. Pat's Day" collage sheet AP-416 and adhered it to the tag with double stick foam tape.  I also added a few themed postcards from the collage sheet "Erin Go Bragh" AP-2120 that I printed off at 40% their original size and added them to the tag as well tucked behind a couple of the shamrocks.  A bit of dyed seam binding finished it off.


And here's the finished tag....


 Here are a couple looks at the gesso texture in among the shamrocks...



Altered Pages Supplies:
Altered Pages Collage Sheets:  Erin Go Bragh AP2120St. Pat's Day AP 416

Other Supplies:
Seam Binding

Be sure to check out the other cool creations the rest of the Altered Pages Design Team has created.




11 comments:

  1. Great Post... super tutorial!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tutorial! All of the products you used are in my stash (this is unusual). I do have one question? Did you cut around the shamrocks to tuck the little cards in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Yes, that's exactly how I did it Jackie.

      Delete
  3. Roni this is fabulous, I love how you created your background and those shamrocks especially! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, love the whole thing! Every element is such fun! You colored the ribbon perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAntabulous!! Love the textures and use of an item that could have potentially been trashed. You go girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the tutorial Roni. I absolutely love that you grabbed up that excess gesso off your work space and saved it on a tag for later. The detail is awesome. The vibrant colors really pop! Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful colorations on your tag. Love how you "traced" and "sketched" the shamrocks, the pen work around the edges, and the texture from the gesso. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess I need to add more gelatos and other goodies to my supplies so that I have "on hand" when you show up with these kinds of things! I love it Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love St Patrick's Day! love what you did with the cute design. and LOVE gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tag is wonderful! I love how you used your Gelatos too!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!