Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Altered Pages Trending Tuesday - Stencils in Collage

Yes this month's Altered Pages Trending Tuesday centers around stencils used in collage projects.  I had so much fun with this challenge because a) I love stencils and as you all know - b) I love Love LOVE Collage!!!

Here is the stenciled canvas I made....  
Spring Collage 

 

Supply List:
Altered Pages Collage Sheets: Vintage Eggs; French Millinery for Easter;  Redoute III; Les Chapeaux


and the process...

I added bits and pieces of various vintage ephemera.


I then started playing with some Spring-y colors of Gelatos & a Flower Stencil


Next, a few pieces of washi tape here and there... 


I used guilders paste paired with a harlequin design stencil...


Gesso on these small dots


and some more Gelatos to make these dots.


I then glued on several different collage images I had fussy cut....


A bit of pen work (both black and white); oil pastel details and the word spring which I stamped with a set of vintage alphabet stamps I have and I call it done!



   


So there you go...my interpretation of stencils used in collage!
Be sure to check out the rest of the projects one the Altered Pages Artsociates Blog.
Happy Spring Everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. I like the dimension of the shadow you made with the stencils. Looks 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really stunning, thank you for sharing Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the layers. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the wonderful pops of color and depth your stenciling has added to your collage Roni. Such a pretty Spring Inspired Piece. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another awesome canvas, Roni. I love your background and am learning so much from you and the rest of the DT. Love the pen work around the perimeter, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!