Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy Spring Tag/Card Combo & Paper Comparison Update

I hope you all are having a great week!  It's doing something between rain and snow here in NE Indiana this morning even though the calendar says it's Spring.  Despite the weather I have a Spring-y project to share with you...it's a Tag & Card combo!

I wanted to combine two of my favorite things ~ tags and cards so here you go.  The card background is colored with Gelatos then a piece of Robin's Nest Sorbet glitter cardstock was added.  I made a pocket using a bit of pattern paper and I punched a bit of cardstock for the little flowery border at the top of the pocket.



The card has a collage image with a spring/vintage feel to it.  I love violets and can't wait to see them this year...I'm so tired of brown grass.  I am yearning for color!


This is a perfect piece to tie on a gift bag or basket and you could even tuck a gift card or $'s into the pocket...  It fits easily inside a regular commercial style envelope so it makes it perfect for mailing as well!  Great for those far away friends or relatives.

PAPER COMPARISON UPDATE....

I wanted to update you on the paper comparison.  I have bought and rec'd various types of papers and Victoria (an inky reader) has sent me a nice selection from her stash as well.  I separated the papers into a few categories - White Paper/Cardstock (15 types); Watercolor Papers and Creams.  I am working on the comparisons right now and I'm a bit surprised. I have done a bit of research on paper types that I'm going to share too... I can't wait to share the info I've learned. 

I am hoping to start sharing this information next week...it's taking a while because I'm stamping each paper with 4 different stamps (a fine line rubber, bold rubber, fine line acrylic and bold acrylic) using 2 different types of ink.  I settled on Archival Black and Memento Black inks - the first for use with watercolor products and the second for use with Alcohol Based markers.  I am also stamping 2 additional images and coloring them - one watercolor the other alcohol markers. 

I was thinking about a couple additional tests, possibly something with gelatos and/or paints.  Do you have any requests for the testing?  If you do please feel free to e-mail or post here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!