Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Club Scrap Dungarees Blog Hop!

It's time for another fun Club Scrap Blog Hop...
and this time we're celebrating the 


Very Americana and I love it!

I was so excited about this kit...I know I say that every time but it's true, but I LOVE the colors of this kit and hey who doesn't love their jeans?  I did have a bit of trouble deciding on what to make though.  I had several ideas pop into my head but didn't have enough time or kit to make all of them - LOL!!  Soooo, I narrowed it down to a couple that all fit together as one.  Are you confused now?  Well if you tuned in yesterday you know that it's got something to do with a cigar box...

Did any of you guess what I was making???

I bet you didn't guess this....

A Dungarees Vintage Suitcase!!!


The outside of the case is covered with the denim print pattern paper on all sides except the bottom (you'll see that below).  I originally was only going to add the black tape (which comes from a VERY old Club Scrap kit - Extra! Extra!) to the edge of the box lid but it looked so good I used it to cover all of the edges.  I made a double sided luggage tag  (see the photo above & below) then added a handle made from some suede paper scraps from the Equestrian kit and a bit of burlap & buckles.


Here are few more views....




Bottom - complete with little brass feet! 


Inside I lined the suit case with the red and brown prints.   And what good is a suitcase if you don't fill it with something?  So, I made some cards to fill it up!  The small blue box is just an extra little compartment to keep writing essentials like pens, stamps, paper clips or whatever else you want to take along with you.  This also answers Club Scraps National Scrapbook Month Challenge #2 - Find something from the Club Scrap Creates Blog that inspires you and use it in your own art work.  Well, I was inspired by Julie's Envelope Punch Board Shadow Box Book.  Since I didn't have a punch board I used my Scor-Pal instead!  I think it finishes off this little piece of luggage quite nicely.



And here are the cards I made to tuck inside....





I didn't forget about my Gnomie pal...this month he's grown a bit though!  I dressed him up in his own pair of overalls....


And it just so happens there was a perfect sentiment to go along with him....


That's all I have for you this month...
I hope you've found and take a bit of inspiration away with you.

You're next stop on the Dungaree's tour is


Remember if you get lost along the way the complete list can be found at


Have a wonderful day!!


33 comments:

  1. I envy all the creative crafters who can look at a cigar box and think " I'm going to turn that into a suitcase". Love, love, love it! And your gnome card made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! What a delightful little box and wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my. I'm in awe!!! Simply brilliant projects and cards. The gnome's got to be my favorite. Marvelously clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! So cute - struck me that I have some denim pieces left from Farmers Market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Roni, this is AWESOME! First, so glad that my little project inspired you, and second you knocked this clear out of the park!! Love the suitcase idea and all the details are just amazing. And then the Gnome with the overalls, OMG, so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow another wonderful project!! That gnome always cracks me up but he's funny in the overalls because he looks like he has no arms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the suitcase! The extra tall gnome is awesome with his overalls!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable and what a fun gift this would be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love that Extra! Extra! tape. I wish it was still available.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO. MANY. IDEAS!!!! I love everything you did here, and who in the WORLD knew the gnome and the bibs would go together? I like the way your brain works. So, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun idea! I love the cute gnome in overalls. Your project got me to thinking that it might be interesting to cover a box with real denim fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That suitcase is so stinkin cute Roni! I love that you made cards to go along with it too - I think the patchwork one I'd my favorite. And I'm glad Mr. Gnome made an appearance with his new outfit. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This suitcase is awesome and cards too

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this. Another one to 'save and do' for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is this! With so many compartments, what a cool gift or coffee table conversation piece this would be?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you took a cigar box and turned it into a suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cigar box suitcase is wonderful! I love how you see something old and transform it into something artsy and usable. The little gnome is darling in his overalls.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic project and I love the cards. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable. I LOL w the Gnome in Dungrees. Clever

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am glad the gnome has a toolbox now!! AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great inspiration, my fav , of course is the gnome, love him in overalls, so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your vintage suitcase and cards are AMAZING! So wonderful. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the suitcase card box and the cards are amazing. You really made them all your own and it is good to know the Gnome has a new wardrobe for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW this is just an amazing project! I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Roni this is so great! Love it! The gnome looks so cute in his overalls! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous design and idea.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love what you have done with the gnome! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous project! Great cards, and I love all the details on the suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love all the details you added to the suitcase--very creative! Great cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is the neatest project. I loved when I was creating projects such as this when I was a stampin up Rep. There are so many great details that you added. Love the case. I am a believer of saving and reusing little/big boxes to do these types of projects. KUDOS. Suz

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG, this is incredible! and I happen to have a cigar box around here somewhere, too. :) Thank you, Roni!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!