Monday, May 12, 2014

Gelli Plate Art - Putting Your Prints to Work!

Today I am going to share a few projects I made using some of the prints I made from the Gelli Plate.  From what I've seen on pinterest and just looking around it looks like most people use their monoprints in art journals or altered books so I figured I'd stay away from those since there are examples a plenty to be found elsewhere.  I went with what I love...cards and tags....

This first card is simply a portion of a print trimmed to fit my card.  I went around the foam stamped images with a Micron Pen to make the design pop a little. I then added the die-cut sentiment and it's done!



This tag was lots of fun!  I used a really fun print which I mounted on a tag then stamped various Deep Red Stamps images here and there.  I added a Want 2 Scrap chipboard corset that was painted & embellished.  I added a few roses and a bit of lace & sari scrap ribbon.


I LOVE this card ~ it's my favorite by far...I used pieces from 3 different prints in a sort of color block design then added a matted stamped sentiment (Club Scrap) and added a few dots of Silver Chrome Pearl Pen.  The purple/green print is one of my most favorites and the blue is a close second.


I'm going to be working on a few more projects which I'll be sharing soon!
Hope this gives you some ideas and gets you excited to use up those prints.


4 comments:

  1. This is very good Roni, such a different way to use the prints.
    Thank you
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is my favorite.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing these. I love the green and purple paper. More! More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are fabulous and inspires me for ways to use prints I pulled using a piece of glass as well as using a gelatin plate. After seeing these I probably will go buy a gelli plate just so I can get all painty. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!