Friday, June 27, 2014

Postage Refund! Susana's Custom Art & Card Design




The other day I placed an order at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design.  The shipping was $7.75 which is about normal for most places anymore so I didn't think anything about it.  I just paid for my order and never gave it a second though.

Since I have an etsy shop I do lots of shipping and I have a pretty good idea about what it costs to mail various items.  I know that I've over paid for shipping many times on many orders at various places but you know that's sort of the trade off for ordering on line.  It would cost me more in gas to drive to the nearest store (over 3 hrs away) so I pay it.  

Much to my surprise the very same evening I came back to read my e-mail and I had a notification that my package had shipped AND I had a refund of $2.75!!  I was totally amazed so much so I e-mailed Susana and thanked her.  

This is the FIRST time anyone has ever refunded the excess AND she stuck in a little stamp and package of Queen & Co pearls to boot!  How cool is that?  Anyway, it's always nice to be able to pass on info about great customer service.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! I just checked out the site and prices are very reasonable. Usually for postage I would spend that much for gas and wear and tear on my vehicle so I don't mind ordering through companies that have good customer service. :-) The fact that time was spent to send an e-mail says a lot for a company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've purchased from Susana for years and have had shipping refunds from her as often as not. She has even called me to ask permission to remove items from their original packaging so she could ship them to me for less. She cares about her customers and is an excellent businesswoman with a delightful store. I recommend her every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome customer service! I have put her down on my list of good places to order. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saved her shop to my favorites---love this online store!! I would have also been amazed at the refund on an overcharge for shipping. I know how difficult it can be for shop owners with shipping charges and being able to provide an accurate rate (too many variables that the system doesn't take into account). But, like you, I have never heard of any shop giving a refund!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's nice to know. I have an Etsy shop, too, and always refund overpayment of shipping costs. Especially if someone purchases multiple items, it is difficult to know the exact cost especially if it is going Priority. I've never actually had anyone write me back and thank me, however. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms Linda (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com)June 28, 2014 at 5:36 PM

    I have ordered from Susana and found her honestly was me going back for 3 years now. My little token of appreciation is always something I will used in the future.
    Thank you giving her koodles.
    Love your ideas and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice surprise for you! I always like hearing good stories.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!