Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ink Stains Summer/Fall ATC & Charm Swap! Due 8-29-14

Ink Stains
Summer/Fall
Altered Charm Swap
&
ATC Swap
Due Date: 8-29-14
O.k....I've had a couple e-mails asking when the next charm swap is going to be AND Mom has been bugging me (nicely of course) about having another ATC swap so we're going to combine the two - roll it all up with Summer and Fall.
Charm Swap Details:
The charms can be created from anything you can dream up... there are tons of ideas on the web (search images under things like altered charms, altered charm bracelets, altered charm necklaces, Tim Holtz style necklace, charm swap; etc.) There are also lots of ideas here on the blog under: Charms & JewelryIf you have a copy of my book ~ Teach Yourself Visually Collage & Altered Arts there is an entire chapter dedicated to creating your own charms.


*You could create your charm from acrylic pieces, glass, metal, clay, found objects, etc. You could embellish bought metal charms (please don't send a plain metal charm) with beads, chain, or other items. There are many pendant blanks, bezels, etc. that can be altered (insert photo/words, etc & fill with Glossy Accents or the like); you could fill little bottles with sand/beads and other goodies ~ sealed & findings added. And so much more...let your imagination run wild!



*Each charm should have a jump ring or lobster clasp.

*PLEASE DO NOT make more than 8 of the same style charm. (Changing colors or images doesn't make it a different style)  It makes it too difficult to swap out when there are so many of one style.  Excess charms of the same style will be returned.


PACKING:
*I would like it if each person would identify their charms either by placing it in a baggie with their name and e-mail addy or mounting it on a small card or tag with the same info. It's always nice to be able to thank people personally when you receive a piece of their art work.


MAILING:
NOTE: I am in the United States but I welcome anyone who would like to play along. In the past we've had players from North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. I'd love to have artist from these and other areas join in the fun as well. You're all welcome :)


*Please package your charms securely so they arrive in good condition. 

*Include a self addressed envelope for the return trip or if you want your charms returned priority mail please include a card with your full mailing address.
*Postage - US - You can send or PayPal me 5.00 First Class or 6.00 Priority Mail (excess will be returned) PLEASE do NOT include pre-metered postage. My local post office will not accept these. They will refuse them! 

International - I prefer PayPal and will e-mail you after the swap with the actual cost of postage...it's just easier that way.

Due Date:
Your charms are due in my hands 8-29-13. You are more than welcome to send your charms and ATC's together to save money!

Charm Swap Sign Ups: 
Please include your e-mail addy (spaces added) so I can send you my mailing address.

  1. Roni
  2. Mom
  3. Donna Jean E
  4. Mary Jo
  5. Brenda
  6. Theresa P
  7. Sandie B.
  8. Loretta
  9. Sara
  10. Judy R.
  11. Shirley H.
  12. Robin
  13. Alyssa
  14. Bobbie
  15. Mary Jo
  16. Olga

 ATC Swap Details

*Create up to 20* ATC's using any technique you would like (no more than 5 of the same design). 


*NOTE: You don't have to make 20, you can make 1, 3, 10, or any number that inspires you. I do ask that you make no more than 5 of a single design. It makes it very difficult to swap out if I have too many of one design to swap. 



*Send them to me by the due date and I'll swap them out and you'll get back 20 different ATC's. NOTE: Be sure and make/keep an extra of your ATC's for yourself if you want one...you won't be getting your own back.



Mailing - (Same as above)

ATC SWAP Sign Ups
Please include your e-mail addy so I can send you my address.
  1. Roni
  2. Mom
  3. Donna Jean E.
  4. Donna N
  5. Theresa P
  6. Sandie B.
  7. Loretta
  8. Sara
  9. Judy R.
  10. Terry D
  11. Robin
  12. Bobbie
  13. Olga

12 comments:

  1. lordy, lordy...Im a sucker for a charm swap. I guess I must sign up--YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time to try an ATC swap. Please add me! d dot nuce at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roni. Please sign me up for both swaps. thanks as always for organizing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Roni,
    Well you better sign me up for both charm & atc swap thanks. I love these swaps, everyone is so talented. Cheers Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to hear you're having another swap! Sign me up for both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Sign me upp for both swaps. Love the altered charms, My first atc swap to :)
    Sara
    sarateres@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roni, please sign me up for the charm swap. I will send you a personal email with my email address. Thanks so much--looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roni. Please sign me up for both swaps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it's not too late I'd REALLY love to sign up for the charm swap please!! Thank you! My email is bgrbrr8926@yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Roni,
    I don't see you having me listed here... I posted last week and signed up for both swaps... Charms and Atc's. I also email you as well when I posted. Maybe google is having fits. Thanks again. Sign me up for both.
    Hugs
    Robin
    arubberstamper@google.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I realize I didn't give you my first name! I'm thinking you have me down as Alyssa in the charm swap, is that correct? If so I should've mentioned my first name is Brandy. And I included my email in the first msg.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Roni,
    Just want to confirm what the Usps.com (United States Postal Service) said about my package. I typed in my Confirmation number there on the site and the message was "It was delivered today". Please let me know if it got to you and everything is okay with my charms / atc's. Thanks for hosting this swap. Have a great evening. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!