Monday, August 18, 2014

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop - BUTTONS!

Altered Pages Design Team 
has joined the
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog 
Design Team for Challenge #14 
Button It in a UP Blog Hop!

 
Crafters of every stripe are button hoarders! Buttons are pretty, inexpensive, and extremely versatile. If you are a card maker, quilter, layout artist, or anything in between, you probably have a button hoard! Buttons come in many sizes, styles, shapes, and colors, plus they are easy to store...usually in cute containers! Pull out those bins of buttons and use some of them for your challenge project!  You can participate in the Craft Hoarders Challenge and win a prize from this month's sponsors!

I don't know about you but you all know how much I love buttons and do I ever have a stash of buttons....  Yes, that is a breadbox FULL of buttons... and I have some overflow in a cardboard box now too!   Now I have to say I didn't buy them all.  Some are from my grandma, some from my Mom and well, yes, I did buy the rest ;)

#8 - Button Ornament 001

And here is my take on the button challenge....


I thought it would be fun to switch things up a bit and incorporate the buttons as various parts of the collage - I used white buttons for the cloud and eggs in the basket and shades of brown for the tree branch that the fabric tissue paper nest is resting on!


I love the dimension that the buttons bring to the show....



Now for a bit of added fun...
would you like to win this collage?  
Simply leave a comment telling us all if you're a button hoarder too!    
You have until 8-25-14 to comment.

Good Luck 
and
join in the challenge fun if you're a button hoarder too!

For more button-tastic projects
be sure to visit all of the Altered Pages Design Team Hoppers...

Roni Johnson
You are here! :)

And to find the links to the inspiring button projects from the 
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Design Team 
please visit 
Craft Hoarders blog!

NOTE: Leaving comments during the AlteredPages and Craft Hoarders blog hop allow you to be entered into a random drawing for an AlteredPages Blog Gift - a Set of Japanese Oil Pastels and a huge Ephemera package!!!!

35 comments:

  1. Great post! Love you tin of buttons!!! Great canvas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roni, I just love buttons on projects, I have just finished two altered boxes which have buttons on them, have a big box almost filled with buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the post! I am so into buttons, and I get IT!
    I'd really like to win your awesome creation = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulously fun way to use your buttons Roni as part of your collage. I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your canvas is very cool! Nice to know I'm not the only one with this many buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love buttons - I inherited my mum's button tin and I've been known to buy clothes from charity shops just for the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing... canvas... thanks so much for the inspiration. I must tryout putting buttons on my creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roni, as you said, We are all hoarders of buttons!! heehee Your collage is sweet tweet and I'd love to be the one to win- thanks so much for sharing ")

    ReplyDelete
  9. truthfully I'm not a button person or hoarder .... I hoard lots of other things like special brads, self sticking gems (can't get enough of them) but not buttons. your collage is very creative using the buttons to make a cloud is terrific!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great hanging, Roni--love the button eggs!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY COW! And I thought I have a lot of buttons. That's a very impressive stash! Love how the button cloud. Very creative and new use for buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you used buttons to create clouds…clever idea!!! Outstanding job!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bird's nest is the bomb. Oh my do I love it. Thanks for hopping with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous and sharing your art with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHAT A PERFECT INTERPRETATION OF THE THEME! Thanks Roni

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your button bird nest, Roni. Such a clever use of buttons. Of course, I would not want to be the bird that laid those button eggs! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the tissue paper the most! That is awesome! Very creative! Thanks so much for hopping with the Craft Hoarders Anonymous team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful use of materials! Really a charming piece. I'm not really a button hoarder - but I have quite a stash of them to use on pieces when they're needed. I've decided to never say I "hoard" anything - because if that's true, that means I hoard EVERYTHING and that's just depressing!

    Great theme interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Roni! I love your piece! Thanks for hopping with the Craft Hoarders Anonymous team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely design to use up plain 1's to create. Love the nest full and cloud. Thank u.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Roni, Lovely project for the hop! Thanks for hopping with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. very nice Roni love the vintage look

    ReplyDelete
  22. it is a gorgeous bonanza of buttons! really lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yes, I have buttons as well - pretty much every drawer I open, there are buttons. Plus in cute little see-through containers……but I'd love to win that cute giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, I hoard buttons. I save them from old clothes and use them in my art. Your button wall hanging is fabulous. I love it. The nest adds that added umpf.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love buttons and yes kinda a hoarder, of all things cool for projects! I love the creativity in your wall hanging so gorgeous and textured! Have a super day!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely wall hanging with buttons. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have a wonderful Bear jar filled with buttons! I make ATC's and buttons are so fun to use on them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love buttons, too, so this challenge was right up my alley! I absolutely love the button cloud and egg basket. It's a beautiful canvas. Thanks for hopping with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The first step is admission: I AM a button hoarder...There, I admitted it! But not like you! However, I may be your match on the sewing ephemera. I am a HUGE fan of that, so your canvas is right up my alley! Do you need more patterns? Perhaps we can make a trade... Anyway, I would proudly display your canvas in my home, as it has all the elements I adore. I am truly inspired by your book, which is probably my first art book I owned.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your project! My do you have a lot of buttons. Thanks so much for joining Craft Hoarders Anonymous on this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fantastic work, very creative I love everything about this and your button box is a real treasure. I'm a hoarder of all things crafty, buttons, bling, papers, etc. My craft room isn't big enough to hold all of my toys.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous project, love all the elements and of course buttons! Thanks for being a part of the hop

    ReplyDelete
  33. That Halloween mini is gorgeous ...

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fun tag. . .love all of the elements and your fun flower! Great use of buttons! It was nice hopping with you (I'm just a little behind on the hop) Jan Marie, CHACB DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!