Friday, August 29, 2014

Leap of Faith

Happy Friday!!  I hope this week has been a good one.  As most of you know we've been extremely busy at our business lately - well today we all got a day off!!  Whoopie!  Dh & the boys went to a farm auction and dh didn't want me there all by myself so I stayed home today to get caught up on house stuff <ick!> and I actually got to play in my art room which turned into LOTS of fun because the Fed Ex man brought my Pan Pastels this a.m.!!!!  

I was so excited...first thing I did was arrange the colors more to my liking...I'm sure they were in some order but it didn't make any sense to me so I put it into rainbow order which is what I like and how I art it up.

So, I decided to play right away and here's what I came up with...  Unruly Arts Reader Challenge this month is Take Flight with the following photo/color prompts...


And here's what I did....  I've been in the stencil making mode lately - this one is a large honeycomb design I made using my hexagon dies.  I just cut, moved, cut, moved until the entire piece of paper had been cut into what you see.


I applied a layer of yellow Pan Pastels down to my white cardstock then positioned my stencil and added a darker yellow over top.  I then took a piece of sequins scrap and added some rust dots here and there.  


Like most pastels you will need to seal it to keep it from smearing.  I used a bit of Creative Medium that I applied with an Ink Blending Tool & Foam.  Worked like a charm!


I added some stamped images - this huge bee was colored with Pan Pastels & some of their new sparklie medium...coarse black (eyes & body) and coarse white (on the wings).  I wish you could see the sparkle it adds. 


A bit of pen work in the corners...


And here it is....

The text & circle stamps are from Just For Fun stamps, the flowers and sentiment are Club Scrap but sadly I have no idea who made the giant bee...it's been in my stash for years.

Hope you all have a simply wonderful 3-day Labor Day weekend here in the States...
and I hope everyone else has a relaxing, rejuvenating weekend as well.

Remember to take time to get inky!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I didn't think of making my own stencils. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are off to a wonderful start with your new Pan Pastels!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, great start with your pastels, I love them. Shame you don't know where the bee stamp is from, I would love a stamp like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous creative playtime you had; just love your card. I've been thinking of getting some pan pastel and you just made me want them more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a stunning make! Thanks for sharing this at UPA. Helene, UPA columnist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project. Thanks for joining us at unruly PaperArts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roni I am so glad you got some time to create this week, and wow what a beautiful project, I love your stencil making and it sure looks like you are enjoying your new Pan Pastels. Thanks so much for joining us at Unruly PaperArts. Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never stamped but this is soooo beautiful that 'm going to look up some tutorials and give it a whirl...that's inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!