Thursday, March 19, 2015

Club Scrap Card Challenge - My Entries

I am on a challenge roll this week!  I am very happy about it too!  I made a commitment to myself that I was going to branch out and participate in more challenges and so far knock on wood I have kept that commitment.    Why challenges you might ask?  Well, sometimes people get into ruts using the same colors, mediums, techniques, etc. OR you get into a funk and just can't find your creative mojo.  I think challenges help keep things fresh - be it a color challenge, a card sketch, a technique challenge, etc.  

Today I wanted to share some cards I made for a Card Sketch challenge over at Club Scrap this month.  Here is the sketch for March...


and here's what I came up with....  All of the cards were made using the current kit - 50's Kitchen, which I'm excited to add that it was one of the themes I submitted several months ago when asked.  How cool is that?  




All of the inks used are IMAGINE Crafts Memento inks with a bit of Sparklie Pico Embellisher (for shine & shimmer) on the cupcake cherry.

What do you do to keep your art fresh 
or yourself inspired?  

4 comments:

  1. My biggest inspiration right now is you Roni - I promise I'm not being a creepy crawler. You have shared so much with us that I have now branched out in a totally different direction which I never envisaged or imagined. With your support and encouragement I have overcome a lot of my fears and boundaries - so thank you very much hun!
    I also love challenges and now I have more skills because of your influence I'm constantly learning new things and new techniques and new challenges that encourage me in my MM dabbling! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that's so sweet of you to say Karen! I'm glad that you're stepping out of your circle of comfort and stretching your wings! Of what I've seen so far looks amazing :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent interpretation of the sketch! The cherry one is my favorite. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!