Friday, August 28, 2015

Feather Fun

Today I wanted to share some fun I recently had with some new feather stamps....


This first card was stamped on cardstock that I had colored using the mono print technique using a variety of brown Memento inks.  I fussy cut each feather and tied them together with a bit of twine.  The card was stamped with a cheescloth type background stamp and the sentiment both in brown ink.  I affixed the feathers then added a few dots of Bronze Pico Embellisher.  


This next card is one of my fav....I stamped and embossed the feather with white embossing powder, used a circle template to ink a highlight circle over the feather and then stamped the sentiment in a darker shade of purple Memento ink.  I added a few dots of Sparkle Pico Embellisher for a little glitter here and there.


O.k...I have to admit, this isn't really a feather but it looks like one to me.  It's actually an Evergreen Sprig but hey...I say feather ;)  SO anyway, I wanted to take the basic design from the Purple card above and turn it into a card for Autumn.  And here's what I came up with!  I used 3 circles this time with fall colors - Morocco, Bamboo Leaves and Peanut Brittle.  It was also spritzed with Bronze Pico Embellisher for some shimmer.


Now this one IS my favorite feather card....The black feather was stamped & embossed directly on the card panel.  I then used the sponge dauber to apply 2 different colors of grey Memento Ink over top.  I then stamped a second feather using Silver ep on white cardstock; fussy cut and mounted it over the black feather.   I love the stark contrast between the two.  A few neutral colored sequins finishes off the look.

Supplies:

JFF Stamps - Balsam BranchStamptangle Feather 1; Stamptangle Feather 2Stamptangle Feather 3Fiber Background; sentiments;
IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko: Memento Dye Inks, Embossing Powders, Pico Embellisher, Pico Texture Spray
Cardstock, Sequins, ribbon, Circle Stencil

3 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!