Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Non-Traditional Halloween Challenge

Happy Wednesday everyone!!  I tell you it's a beautiful day here today - started out foggy as heck but the sun came out and it's turned into a lovely autumn day.

I have to thank everyone for all the helpful suggestions on how to store colored pencils.  A couple people have suggested one of those picnic utensil holders - that might be just what I'm looking for if I can find one (wrong time of year to be looking I think).  If I had a home store close I might try for the PVC pipe thing but I'm not too handy with cutting that stuff - I'm afraid injuries might be the result. ;)

This month I volunteered to host the October Linky Challenge over on the Club Scrap blog...and I'm so excited to be able to do so.  When we were talking about the challenges months ago I knew exactly what I wanted to do...Non-Traditional Halloween!!!

The challenge is to use non-Halloween related stamps in a Halloween fashion. I also added an extra bit of a challenge if you're brave and willing to take it - use little to no orange, purple or green!  I know right - it's a biggie but hey, you're good, I have faith in you :)

Now I wouldn't toss out a challenge without giving you some inspiration so here goes...


This was SUCH a fun card to make!  The background was stamped with the filmstrip stamp using Wedding Dress Memento Luxe ink.  I then stamped the clacker board (not sure what it's called) and "The End!" on white cardstock (all stamps from the Cinema kit).  I went to work with a red pen and added the dripping blood - added a layer of Lady Bug Pico Embellisher over the top.  It looks and feels amazing in person.


The witches brew and vampire blood drinks were made by coloring the stamp with Memento Markers then a layer of Clear Pico Embellisher over top.  Makes them look like fun spooky drinks.  I added the webs & spider by hand, the table top and blue background are pastel pencils.  All of these stamps are from Cantina.


Finally my Gnomie friends are all ready to go Trick or Treating in their funky Halloween costumes.  The daisy is from Oopsie Daisy kit and the hamburger stamp is from Picnic kit (both from last year).  I have so many more ideas for fun costumes for these two, I'm sure you'll see at least a couple more before Halloween rolls around!

If you'd like to join in the fun over on the Club Scrap blog, your creation needs to be at least 50% Club Scrap supplies or you can simply make one for fun and post a link to your creation here!  We'd love to see what you come up with!




3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the gnomes in costume are my favorite...they crack me up!! What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of dressing up your gnomes in Halloween costumes! Clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!