Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bokeh Effect New Years Card

Today I thought I'd do something a bit different with the Bokeh Effect....usually you see it as a background for a stamped or printed image or sentiment.  Well today I thought I'd use it to create the year 2016!




How'd I do it?



I started off by die-cutting the year into a piece of cardstock.
I then positioned it over my card panel and secured it with a bit of washi tape.


Next I colored the bottom portion with a bit of ink.
Then started dotting up upper portion with several shades of blue using a pencil eraser.


And I kept adding dots until the upper two-thirds looked filled in.


After it was done I removed the die-cut stencil, 
stamped "happy new year" 
and mounted it on a blue card.

Such a fun card and easily replicated in a whole host of colors.
You could use this technique for all sorts of occasions.

Supplies:

Cricut Storybook Cartridge
IMAGINE Crafts - Inks, Sponge Dauber
JFF Stamps - New Years Sentiment
ClubScrap.com - cardstock

Other - Pencil, washi tape

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea!!! I hope your Holidays were wonderful, and wishing you many blessings in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique and the resulting effect. And of course I love the blues! Creative 2016 Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! A beautiful twist on Bokeh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!