Monday, April 4, 2016

Use those Colored Pages!!

Ya know some people have asked besides coloring adult coloring book pages what do you do with them....  This past weekend I shared a couple of fun ideas on how to jazz them up using Imagine Crafts products.  Well today I have a few other fun ideas.

First off you can turn your coloring book pages into works of art!


Once I finished this coloring book page I mounted it on a black canvas.  The black background really makes the flower pop and IRL the translucent quality of the StazOn Studio Glaze adds texture, depth and dimension to the picture as well.

Here's how it was created...


First off I removed the page from the coloring book (Lesiure Arts) then I began adding my color.  I started off by painting a thin layer of Cactus Green Studio Glaze over the flower center.  It dried almost immediately which is so nice for people like me (I can't stand dry times - LOL!)  Then I went back in with more green and Gold Studio Glaze and added lots of dots for texture.


I then painted the petals of the flowers again using Studio Glaze....



From there I outlined the flower with Jet Black and Blue Hawaii Studio Glazes.  I "pulled" the colors away from the flower with a wet paint brush and watercolored the background using the glaze.  It mixes wonderfully with water and creates an amazing look once it dries....


After the page had dried, I trimmed off the excess paper and applied a layer of book binding glue (dries very flat) to the back of the page then adhered it to a pre-painted black canvas.


So easy yet it produces striking results!


It's also fun to share your coloring pages with friends and family by incorporating them into cards as I did here!  Of course colored pages are great but why not spice them up a bit!


I colored this page with a combination of various colored pencils.  Yes, it took me quite a while but it was so much fun!  And well, it was very "Spring-y" as well which helps combat Mother Natures mean streak (we had snow over the weekend and more to come!!!).  


But it's also fun to kick things up a notch by embellishing with some Imagine Crafts products - Here I have used Radiant Neon Electric Yellow Amplify.  It's a fun medium that puffs when heat activated.  It was added to the centers of all of the pink & white flowers.


I then used White (Wedding Dress) irRESISTible Pico Embellisher to the centers of the red berries and Clear Pico was applied to accent circles in the background which I sprinkled with fine glitter.  Once the Pico had dried I shook off the excess glitter and my page was ready to adorn several cards!

There are just so many fun ways to incorporate non-traditional mediums into your coloring book pages to make them not only a great way to relax but also a fun way to share art with the world!  I hope you take a moment every so often to enjoy coloring just for fun!

Supplies:

Leisure Arts - Coloring Book Pages
Imagine Crafts - StazOn Studio Glaze; irRESISTible Pico Embellisher; Radiant Neon Amplify! medium
Other - glitter, colored pencils


1 comment:

  1. Studio Glaze is a new product to me...off to research it since it looks intriguing. I subscribe via email and for some reason haven't been getting your posts lately. So I'm hear to catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!