Monday, June 6, 2016

Gelli Plate Minis

Today I had some more fun with my mini gelli plates - this time the hexagon.  These should be called fun size just like the mini candy bars.


So I needed some tags for a few gifts I have to send off and I thought it would be fun to decorate them using the gelli plate.  Now, I don't know about you but digging the big plate out can be a drag - you have to clean off your area and make room to get messy in a big way.  These mini's are so much easier to create with...mini plate, mini mess - LOL!!


So I pulled out a few tags and some deli paper (more on this later), stencils, paint, brayer, my hot glue impression plates and the mini gelli which I stuck to one of my stamping blocks.


I wanted these tags to be very bright so I used my Dylusions Paints.   Spread a bit on the plate and smooth out with my brayer.


I started off using one of my hot glue impression plates....this one is a random squiggle which I love.  I think it's going to become one of my fav's.


Stamped it on my tag but you can see there was quite a bit of paint left so I also stamped it off on some deli paper....  


I like to use deli paper to stamp off excess paint because it makes great prints for use on mixed media pieces...it's fairly translucent so it really adds quite an interesting aspect to any project.


I went ahead and covered the tags I needed and more deli paper.


Then it's time to experiment and have fun by adding layers.
You can do so by printing like you do with the large plates
 

Or you can cover your project with the stencil and use the mini GP like a stamp!  Either way works great.


And don't forget about masks....it works as both a positive and a negative as shown above.


And here are a couple of the finished tags for use now....


and some deli paper to play with later!

8 comments:

  1. You got very cool prints! I like your idea for a hot glue squiggle impression plate... thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it I still am not sure how to use jelly plates. I've been stamping, collages, painting, mixed media for 35 years...so why am I so confused by my jelly plate? I do love your hot glue on cardboard for impression plates....clever. That truly describes you...CLEVER! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.frJune 7, 2016 at 2:39 AM

    MERCI POUR CE TUTO /// BRAVO
    §§§§§§§§§§§§

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just try Carolyn Glein! Just start playing around and you will be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm... I think I really need some mini gelling plates they lock so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Roni, I need to pull my Gelli plate out and play. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!