Sunday, August 14, 2016

Color Throwdown #405

I'm in a slump...as many of you know our son got married last weekend and there were so many last minute details to take care of.  We also own our own business (in addition to farming). We sew covers for a company that sells fertilizer spreaders national and internationally.  In the past I've done mainly office work and sewn a couple days a week helping where needed.  It's a blessing we've picked up more work and are very busy now - so instead of just spending a couple days there I'm working every day and sometimes weekends as well.  I'm not complaining but it has drained my creativity....  I come home from work and just can't seem to get excited about art.  

I have decided to start playing in challenges to give my creative muse a poke and get her motivated again!

The first challenge I've taken on is Color Throwdown #405 -
and here's what I've made....


I used the current Club Scrap Sketch Challenge for the basis of my card and used August's Club Scrap Kit - Sunflowers!  I absolutely love everything about this kit because really who doesn't love sunflowers?

I don't know who I'll send this card to but I'm hoping that it will send them some sunshine on their birthday.




Supplies:

ClubScrap.com - Sunflower papers & rubber stamps
Imagine - Memento Dye Ink - Bamboo Leaves, Cantaloupe, Tuxedo Black; VersaMark Ink

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Roni! I like the little pop of sunflowers popping out! Hope life slows down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! SO pretty! LOVE the folded paper to reveal the sunflowers! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an eye catching layout! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!