Thursday, September 15, 2016

Little Green Mermaid

I have a fun monochromatic project I made recently using Imagine inks and mediums....


I made this card using a few fun techniques - first off the lines were created by tearing bits of washi tape into thin strips for my wonky masked lines.  I then used a brayer to roll on the colors... if you haven't used your brayer recently you should really pull it out.  Sometimes I forget how much fun they really are to use. 

The top 4 color bars are from the Kaliedacolor ink pad - Fresh Greens.  I rolled on New Sprout Memento ink on the bottom of the card where my sentiment is stamped.

My pretty little mermaid (JFF Stamps) was stamped on white cardstock then colored using a variety of Memento Dual Tip Markers and inks (with a waterbrush).  There are little accent dots both on the card and on the mermaid that were made using Pico Embellishers in Wedding Dress (white) and Electric Green.

You can find complete instructions on the Imagine Blog - Mermaid Wishes.

5 comments:

  1. I love the stripes you got with the Kaleidacolor ink! Such a pretty one and perfect for your mermaid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I've been roaming around your posts, in awe of your talent. Can't see a place to sign up by email to stay connected and receive blog postings. Is that possible to do?? Thx! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the background technique. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!