Monday, December 19, 2016

December CS Artist Team Challenge

Welcome to December's Club Scrap Artist Team Challenge!  This month we were invited to participate in one of the many challenges offered on the Club Scrap Forum Challenge section.   There are many challenges to choose from including a Tool and Stash Challenge, a Monthly Lay-Out Challenge, Idea Deck Challenge and even the Card Sketch Challenge which I am a co-author.

I didn't want to cheat and participate in my own card sketch so I decided to do a little challenge combo.  I chose to participate in December's Project USE IT! Challenge which is to make an old or unfinished Club Scrap project and combined it with December's Tool and Stash Challenge which was to incorporate a liquid glitter glue on your card, lay-out or project.   Here is what I came up with....


This is the Clipboard Collage Workshop from the 2016 Club Scrap Retreat.  This is such a fun project because you have a printed sheet with little stitched windows that you fill with various papers and goodies to finish off the collage.  The kit includes papers cut to size plus extra goodies for embellishing.  I choose to use the papers from December's Color of Winter kit plus a few of the items from the workshop supplies, a few die-cut snowflakes and a sled I made using Fun Foam!

I am going to hang this up by my front door for my Dec/Jan welcome sign.  This project was so much fun that I'm thinkin' of making a different collage page for each season so that I can switch 'em up every few weeks. 


The tag, tiny sparklie snowflake stickers, and metal charm snowflakes are from the Shades of Winter kit, the "Hello" die-cut is from the project kit....  I die-cut several snowflakes (MFT Dies) from the Champagne and Blue Metallic papers from the Shades of Winter kit plus a few from the Glitter Cardstock from the Celebrate kit (Jan 2016).  


Welcome letters are cut from one of the metallic papers from the Shades of winter kit as are the berries and "let it snow" piece.  The roses and "find beauty" sentiment are both from the kit contents.


And finally my sled!  I had made some of these before using popsicle sticks BUT they are hard to shape with scissors because the wood splinters so easily.  I had some brown Fun Foam laying on my desk because I had used it to emboss a die-cut (when I couldn't find my embossing pad) and I decided to give it a try.  It worked like a charm and the foam was soooooo much easier to cut and shape than the wood popsicle sticks.  

To participate in the Tool and Stash challenge I applied Stickles Glitter Glue to the centers of the Metal Snowflake Charms and to each of the berries on the center and lower left corner Berry Pieces.

Your next stop on the Challenge Hop is...


and if you get lost along the way you can find the complete list here...


Merry Christmas Everyone!!

14 comments:

  1. Your sled turned out great, good idea to use foam. Have a joyous holiday Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project!!! Love how you combined challenges! Also love all the elements on your clipboard collage.
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, this is amazing!! This project works so well with so many different themes!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this turned out, especially your fun foam sled! I hope you decide to continue the monthly clipboard...something else to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love your clipboard. Have to do that too one of these days.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was one of my favorite projects at retreat- your version turned out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great wintry collage! Every time I see this project I think what a great door hanger for a dorm room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful wintery collage! I just love these collage clipboards! Probably one of my favorite projects EVER!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!