Thursday, April 13, 2017

2017 Mixed Media Technique Calendar - September

Whew...it's been awhile huh?  It's nice to be playing again.  
So let's get on with it.


This is September's page and it uses some of my favorite items - 
cheese cloth, modeling paste, watercolors and Memento Dye Ink!

Let's go...


I started off by cutting a piece of cheesecloth the size I needed for my page.


Spread some gesso around on the page.


Place the cheesecloth over the page and add more gesso until it's covered.
Basically we're cementing the cloth to the page.


Once dry, use watercolors of your choice to color the cheesecloth layer.
Let dry.


Tape stencil in place and spread modeling paste over the stencil.
I used a mums stencil and DecoArt Media Modeling Paste.


Once the paste has dried color the mums...
I used a combo of 3 different Memento Inks -
Cantaloupe, Rhubarb Stalk and Morocco.


And here's how it looks....
almost hated to cover it up with the calendar part ;)


The cheesecloth and modeling past REALLY adds 
some fun texture as you can see in this photo.

1 comment:

  1. I love this I may have to steal I mean borrow this technique. Although I've used gesso and cheesecloth together I've never stenciled over it with modeling paste. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!