Sunday, May 28, 2017

Wedding Album - Cover LO & Invites

You all know that I've been making a wedding album for the kids. I have been sharing lo's here and there but since I gave the book to them the internet has been down.  I've been dying to share the rest of them with you!   Luckily I had a few posts with them scheduled way ahead so they posted automatically so you've been able to see a few of them.  Today I wanted to share 2 more lo's - the cover lay-out and the lo of the invites.  


This is the first page of the album...I loved this picture of the kids in front of the church.  The writing on the right side is die-cuts (Month & Day - Sizzix; Numbers - MFT), the sparklie paper (American Crafts) and shimmery background papers  (Bazzill) were leftover from making the invites.  The blue and magenta cardstock is from Club Scrap. 


This is the next layout in the book...It must be weird to include this in a wedding album because when I searched for other lo's trying to get ideas for it I couldn't find any!  I don't care, I thought it would be something they would enjoy having to look back on.


The lacy pieces are something I've had for years. I bought a box full of "samples" from an estate sale - the old lady made dresses and from what I understand these were all pieces she could order to add to dresses.  This is the "folder card I made - it opens up and has the invitation on the left and a pocket on the right side that held the goodies on the page below...


And these are the pieces. The invite, the wedding dress piece is actually the return RSVP postcard and the other 2 are additional info and map.  The stamp beside the 2 hearts was actually the stamp off of our invitation.  Just another bit that I thought would be fun to include.  Again the shimmery background cardstock is from the invitations, the blue and magenta cardstock is from Club Scrap.  The lace is some vintage lace I bought down in L'ville at an antique store a long time ago.  

BTW, I never got a chance to tell you all how it went when I gave 'em the album...They loved it and someone commented on one of the posts that she bet there were tears involved with the gifting...  She was right! But all happy tears :)  Made me feel good!

6 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job with these pages. I'm in AWE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I was so thrilled when it was finished.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous album Roni...and I know they will treasure it forever! I STILL haven't finished my daughter's wedding album...and it's been 10 years, awk! Fortunately, they had one from the photographer, so mine was just for the extra memorabilia and written notes at the reception, but still...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be honest Karen - this is the first album I've made in YEARS... I got disenchanted with scrapbooking because of the turn in what is popular (one photo pages with just lots of stuff on it). I take too many pictures to make all one photo pages so I just gave it up. It felt really good to finish this.

      Delete
  3. Roni what a priceless gift! Gosh, you put some blood, sweat and tears into this project! I would have cried too if I had received such a beautiful, from the heart gift. Well done Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I especially like the lace you used and the fact you have a little story about where you got it from.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!