Friday, December 8, 2017

Carve December Day 8 - Challenge Accepted!

Today I have a special stamp to share...it was a special request for a friend. She liked my dog stamp so much she asked if I'd make one of her dog.  Never backing away from a challenge I gave it a shot and here it is...


It's her long hair weiner dog Buddy.


My first attempt was rather tragic...In my defense it was a small photo with half his face in shadow. I tried to enlarge it but the left side of his face just wouldn't show up well enough. Needless to say he's a scary looking dog - I think it's going in the trash.


So she sent me a better photo and I played with the contrast and such the started carving...


This is a much better likeness - at least you can tell how it is this time - LOL!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking on the challenge. You did a great job. I love the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I love the look on the 1st dog....he looks surprised like he saw a squirrel!! Love it!! great job. I tried to do a drawing of my grand-dog and she looked just as surprised! LOL! I don't even dare attempt to carve it! you are definitely an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both stamps!! The first one (actual 2nd photo of post) has a great surprised look to him... like the owner human just walked through the door!! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- your stamp carving is really awesome! I had to go buy some of the pink base- we'll see if I have time to try it or not! Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful dog stamp, Roni.
    You really now how to do this. This stamp is going to make some fantastic cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!