Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Marabu Art Crayons


Hello Friends!  Recently I've been seeing lots of fun new mediums from Marabu and one that particularly caught my eye were their new art crayons. Similar to Gelatos and other water soluble color mediums I couldn't help but wonder if they were different.  Well, recently Joggles* had an amazing sale on them so I snagged 4 different sets of colors. 

*Note - I am not being compensated for posting a link to Joggles...they just have REALLY great sales and I shouldn't be the only one spending my $'s there - LOL!!  ;)  Always happy to help out spending your art $'s too!


So what's the scoop....  First off I have to say that these are the creamy-est sticks I have ever tried! Far smoother than the rest. There is also LOTS of product in this lipstick style tube making them a great bargain.  I will be doing a side-by-side comparison very soon but I just whipped up this card with some goodies laying on my table...


I just scribbled some color onto kraft colored cardstock.


Swished the medium around with a watercolor brush and then stamped over top with VersaFine Clair inks and Joy Clair stamps.  So easy and the colors are so vibrant even on the kraft. I can see these being loads of fun in the near future!

Supplies:

Marabu Art Crayons
Imagine - VersaFine Clair Inks
Joy Clair - Happy 4th
Waterbrush
Kraft Cardstock

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas Roni, love this. I think I have some oil pastels that might be fun to try this technique with!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!